Monday, October 25, 2010

The third time's the charm.

24 hours and all my minnows have survived. I'm not even sure how to celebrate that. I might have to drink a beer for each minnow. 24 minnows means 24 beers. Oh boy, it's gonna be a rough day a work tomorrow.

Speaking of work, while I was slaving away today I was designing my next system in my head. I might have to get a second job to be able to afford my new hobby. I plan, for now, to put the fish in ponds. I have plenty of room on my land for this idea. This is a long way off but, next year I should have ton more experience.

I know I promised pictures, but I can't seem to find the time. Now that everything is running smooth it shouldn't be much longer. I put a tarp over the fish tank to give it shade and protect the fish. My next plan is to build a small greenhouse around the system. I have it backed up right next to a storage trailer that we have. So all I need is a couple of posts and a bunch of plastic and I'll make a sort of lean to against the trailer.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on keeping the babies alive! lol
    And, yes, it sounds like you've been thoroughly bitten by the AP bug. You have my full, complete, and broke, sympathies.

    ReplyDelete